Friday, August 9, 2013

Who Says You Can't Make Your Own Birthday Cake?!

Happy birthday to me! Haha ;). So, who says you can't make your own birthday cake? No one else was gonna do it, and I like doing it, so why not?! I had fun yesterday making it :). Tonight I'm having a big party at my house (speaking of which--I need to head over to my neighbors house with a plate of cookies and apologize in advance for tonight's shenanigans). Now, I'm normally a very "quiet" person (okay, I know what you're thinking, but just listen)--in the sense that I would MUCH rather sit at home on a Friday night watching a movie in my sweatpants. HOWEVER, I figured I'd make an exception today. I mean, I am 25 today! On the menu for tonight's shenanigans? Lots and lots of beer. Its funny; I plan on drinking, but I most likely will drink about 1 beer--it always happens. Joe and I go somewhere; we plan ahead and take a taxi anticipating that we will both be too drunk to drive; then at the end of the night I'm completely sober but still have to take the taxi home because we don't have our car. Luckily the party is at my house tonight so I'll spare us the taxi cost ;). My morning has already started out amazing: Joe made all of us a special breakfast of eggs, toast, and BACON! Everyone should get bacon on their birthday! He also bought me a beautiful bouquet of roses, and the kids informed me that "we wont hit or bite each other today because its your birthday mom." Best. Birthday. Ever.

Funny story from when I was born: since I was born obviously 25 years ago and they didn't do lots of ultrasounds throughout a woman's pregnancy, my parents didn't know that I was going to be born with one (and a half!) arm. As soon as I came out, the doctor looked at my dad and whispered to not say a word to my mom, then they instantly knocked my mom out with drugs. Okay, so that's not so funny--I would be livid if my doctor did that to me! Once she came to and was able to comprehend everything, the doctors thought that she was crazy because her first reaction was "oh, she'll be just like Tigger!" (our cat that we had all through my childhood; she was missing part of her front right paw, just like I'm missing part of my right arm). My parents obviously didn't care, and here I am today: 25 years later.

I'll be celebrating my 5-year wedding anniversary next week, I own a beautiful house and two new cars, I have 2 beautiful kids, and I live an amazing life. These past 25 years have been such a fun roller coaster ride, and I can't wait to see what the next 25+ have in store for me! Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my life these past 25 years--I don't know where I'd be without you! Cheers! 


Here's the cake I made myself :). I thought about making it politically correct and writing "Happy Birthday Kristen!" ...but how weird would that be? This one fits me better ;)

Here's a side view of the cake :). I'll eat a piece for each and every one of you (maaaannn, I love cake!)... and then I'll complain on Facebook tomorrow about how I gained 10 pounds overnight. Yolo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!