Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Looking Back...

Today I'm feeling pretty nostalgic; it was this time last year that we were on an airplane flying to Myrtle Beach (okay, well, we flew into Raleigh/Durham in North Carolina then drove to Myrtle Beach, but whatever). I remember that we were SO excited for that trip--it's all we talked about all summer leading up to it. I was so worried about flying with two toddlers, but surprisingly they did really well. Before this trip, I had only been to Arizona and Nevada--so I hadn't really traveled far from home. Joe tried to prepare me for what I was going to see, but he couldn't even come close. He told me that there are trees everywhere in South Carolina--and even that was an understatement. There are trees EVERYWHERE and its absolutely gorgeous. Although this time last year was a full day of traveling, I can't help but wish we were going back there again this year. I'd love to get some of the family together and make it a yearly thing; last summer was the best summer of my life and I think a huge part of that had to do with our Myrtle Beach trip.

We were in Myrtle Beach last year for my birthday, and although we wont be there for it this year, I'm still so excited for my birthday on Friday. Is it weird that I'm turning 25 and am still so excited about birthdays? I don't understand the people (my age) that complain about turning a year older. Are you serious? This is the best time of our lives! I think that I get excited about birthdays because 1) it means that I'm getting older, and 2) it means my kids are getting older. There's no point in being sad about the inevitable; you might as well embrace it and enjoy the ride!

Last year in Myrtle Beach my birthday was so much fun (minus getting stuck in the elevator--you can read about that here). We went bowling with all of his family, then spent the rest of the day hanging out with them. It was perfect--I love his family so much. This year for my birthday, I decided I wanted to have a big party and just be with all of my friends--so that's exactly what we're doing. I ordered a bunch of pizzas, I'm making a ton of desserts (of course), and I'm making myself a cake that'll say "Happy Birthday to Me" (who says you cant make yourself a cake on your birthday?!). My birthday is 2 days away and I already feel like a kid on Christmas. Even though I've already gotten most of my presents (I got a new car last week from Joe, I got clothes and Bath and Body Works stuff from my sister and I got a cake pan set from my parents) I'm still SO excited. I can't wait to see all of my friends! It'll be a fun night full of food, desserts, and of course: drinkinggg (hey, I NEVER drink--so one night a year is fine). ;)

I have some errands to run now (to go buy all of the ingredients to make the desserts and cake!) so I'm going to end it here. I hope you all have a terrific Wednesday! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!