Thursday, August 29, 2013

Too Close for Comfort

Today I made a quick trip up to Oceanside. Some of my friends are getting married in a month, and since they have full-time jobs, they dont have a ton of time to get everything ready for the wedding. Since I stay home with the kids all day and love doing crafts, I gladly offered to help. Today I was dropping something off and picking new crafts up. Driving there, I was almost in a really bad accident. Like, BAD. 

For those of you that know the Oceanside area, I was making a left hand turn off of the 76 onto Santa Fe. I was about half way through the intersection when a lady (who clearly wasn't paying attention) ran the red light and almost hit me going 70+ miles per hour. Had I been texting or not paying attention, both of the kids and I would be very badly hurt, or worse. This lady was inches away from hitting my car--which would have been the passenger side: the side Maverick sits on. As I was driving through the intersection and saw her last minute, I had to stop so abruptly that it made the kids video games that they were playing fly out of their hands and everything in my front seat fly and hit the dash. I was so shaken up that I just sat there stopped in the middle of the intersection for a minute, looking at the terrified faces of all of the drivers stopped at their red lights around me. The lady clearly saw me; as soon as she blew through the intersection she skidded to a stop, sat there a second, then drove off. I continued driving through the intersection, then pulled over and cried hysterically while having a panic attack. There are so many what-ifs in this scenario, and luckily nothing happened. Thank you Lord for keeping me alert, thank You for my brakes working, thank you for keeping the kids and I safe.

This is not me being dramatic by any means; this was a very close call and I'm still very shaken up by it. After crying the entire drive home, I'm doing much better now. I think it helped that Bath and Body Works was having a sale today so I was able to do a little shopping and get my mind off of it. 

I'm gonna go light some candles and enjoy this weird overcast weather that we seem to keep getting. Happy Thursday everyone, its almost the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!