Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The pumpkin patch opens in 37 days!! Fall is so close I can almost taste it! I'm SO ready for the leaves to turn red, orange and yellow.. to wear my skinny jeans with a cozy sweater and my new scarves I bought at the Del Mar Fair. I'm excited for the seasonal drinks to come out at Starbucks, to not need my AC on (even though this summer wasn't nearly as hot as last), and to kick my crafting into full-gear! Last night, Joe, the kids and I watched Christmas with the Kranks (thank god I have a husband who appeases my holiday obsessions!). I can't wait to start Christmas shopping in a few weeks. Anyone who complains about the holiday season is clearly a scrooge--because the holiday season is obviously "the most wonderful time of the year!" 

Know what else I'm excited for? Black Friday shopping. Call me crazy, but its actually SO much fun. My sister and I did it for the first time last year and we had a blast--it's such a rush! I think one of my favorite things about fall and winter is the "coziness" of it; something about my kids just being bundled up in their jeans, sweaters and socks.. napping while the heater is on--I can't really explain it, but it just makes my life feel complete and like I'm doing an okay job at this whole 'mom thing.'

I can't believe its almost Halloween time; there's a Halloween Superstore down the street from my house that I THINK is open (although I'm not positive). This year I'm determined to get in there early and get the cute costumes (I swear, every year we wait till last minute when its slim-pickins). I love being that house that gives out the full-sized candy bars on Halloween.. its always so much fun seeing the kid's (and parent's) excitement over getting a full-sized candy bar. The funny thing is that I don't think it even costs that much more to give them out--go figure. 

Have I sold you on the idea that Fall is the best season EVER yet?! Haha.. its the middle of August and my house already smells like Christmas. What does Christmas smell like, you ask?! Cranberries and cinnamon. Yum! (Don't worry--neither the Christmas or Fall decorations are out yet--although I'm putting my Fall decorations up in 2 weeks!!)

Brace yourself for a slew of baking and craft blog posts; because once Fall hits: its on. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!