Thursday, August 22, 2013

Android vs. iPhone

A little over a week ago, Joe and I made the jump from iPhones to Androids. We'd had iPhones for about 4 years, and honestly we were tired of them. They were great when they were the only phone like this out on the market.. but now every brand and every carrier has some sort of iPhone-type phone. They're all touch screen, they all do basically the same stuff, and they're basically the same phones: just different makers. 

I was told that I would miss having my iPhone.. and although I'm only a little over a week into having this Android, I can honestly say that there isn't one thing I miss about the iPhone. Joe and I both got LG Optimus G Pro phones--which is basically a thinner, lighter version of the Samsung Galaxy Note. The screen on this new phone is bigger than the entire iPhone itself--and I love that. This screen is 5.5"--which is kinda funny considering we just bought a 7" tablet. The phone itself seems to be in HD--all of the pictures and videos have a crisp, clear picture. The camera on this phone takes 14.2 megapixel pictures, whereas the iPhone 4 that I had didn't even use megapixels: they used an outdated product called VGA. Apparently the iPhone 5 takes 8 megapixel pictures--but 1) it still isn't as many as my android, and 2) it took them until the iPhone 5 to start using megapixels? That's kinda weird.

One thing that I hated about the iPhone was that your brand new phone would only run great for a few months--until Apple started coming out with update after update. Pretty soon, your 100% perfect phone was running SO slow because all of the updates weren't supported by your (now) outdated device. Unless you bought every new iPhone that came out, you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

A couple features I love about this Android phone: there's an option in the settings called "quiet time." When we had our iPhones, every night before bed I'd have to turn our phones on silent so that we wouldn't be woken up in the middle of the night. It wasn't a big deal, but on our new phones I just have "quiet time" turned on. I set it up to my preferences (I think I set quiet time to 9:00pm to 7:00am every day), and it automatically turns my phone on silent for me during the times I set. Pretty cool :)









Another cool feature? I can draw on whatever page I'm on. Necessary? No. Fun? Absolutely. Overall I think androids are better products than iPhones. There, I said it: sue me. Androids do EVERYTHING that iPhones do, but they have extra features that iPhones lack. Step outside the Apple comfort zone--I think you'd be surprised what's out there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!