Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

Tomorrow is my 25th birthday, and to celebrate the occasion, I'm throwing myself a big party. No birthday candles or "Happy Birthday" song--I just want to spend my birthday hanging out with all of my friends! However, just because there won't be a birthday song doesn't mean there wont be a cake. Who has a birthday without a cake?! That'll be tomorrow's blog :).

Today I'm making all of the desserts for the party. Along with all of the pizza we're having, I'm making mint oreo truffles, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate-dipped pretzels. I know you've all seen chocolate-dipped pretzels on Pinterest before--but you may not know how easy they actually are to make! These literally take about 20 minutes start-to-finish--then you just pop them in the fridge for about 5 minutes to help the chocolate set, and boom: you're done. So easy. I love these because 1) they always taste SO good, and 2) you can decorate them to fit any occasion: birthdays, Valentines day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. You only need a few ingredients and you're all set! 

Here's what you'll need: a package of chocolate made for melting, a package of semi-sweet chocolate (usually a Hershey bar will do; the "melting chocolate" doesn't taste very good, so you need the chocolate bar to sweeten it up. I added a package of semi-sweet chocolate chips because I was making a lot and needed more chocolate), pretzel rods, and sprinkles (or another color chocolate to drizzle over the rods). 
Using a double boiler, fill the bottom pot about 1/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, set flame to simmer--you don't want the water boiling and touching the top pot at all--that'll burn the chocolate. 


Don't have a double boiler? Me either. Make one! Haha. 

Dip your pretzels in the chocolate, tap extra chocolate off, then set on parchment paper. Sprinkle with your choice of either sprinkles of drizzles of another color chocolate. 
...once you've dipped all of the pretzel rods, place them in the fridge for about 5 minutes so that the chocolate can set. Once the chocolate has hardened, you're done! Enjoy! 

6 comments:

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!