Monday, August 19, 2013

Peppermint Crunch Truffles

'Tis ALMOST the season for peppermint! I made these truffles last year for a Christmas party that I threw (I think the Christmas party was a hit! It was a 'desserts and wine' party--I made TONS of desserts, we drank tons of wine, and everyone had a great time. I'm planning on making it an annual thing). I found this recipe while skimming through Pinterest and I was instantly intrigued. Who doesn't like chocolate truffles rolled in peppermint?! These little truffles make the perfect gift for coworkers or neighbors; just toss them in some foil liners, place them in a box, tie it up with a ribbon and viola! A deliciously thoughtful gift. These are not hard to make (they're actually pretty easy, just time consuming and messy rolling the truffle balls).
Peppermint Crunch Truffles

Ingredients:

11 oz dark chocolate (65% cacao)
8 Tbsp heavy cream
1 1/2 cups of crushed Peppermint Andes Mints**


Instructions:
1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl over (not directly on) simmering water. Let chocolate and cream heat up for 3 minutes untouched. After 3 minutes, whisk mixture until fully incorporated. Remove bowl from heat and let cool for 20-30 minutes. Pour finished mixture into a flat casserole pan. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.



2. Remove chilled truffle mixture. Using a melon-baller, scoop out chocolate rounds. Finish forming truffles by hand and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roll truffles in crushed Peppermint Andes. Give covered truffles one last roll between the palms of your hands to gently press the crushed Peppermint Andes into the truffle.


3. Try not to eat them all! Enjoy!


**Peppermint Andes can be purchased at Target or online at Amazon.com. Its sold as little squares or crushed and ready to go for baking.



I suggest doubling or even tripling this recipe, as they wont last long. These are very rich, decadent truffles--just what I love.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!