Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Autumn Decorations Have Arrived!

Yesterday I pulled out all of my Fall decorations and decorated my house. I had planned on pulling them out on September 1st, but yesterday was an overcast, rainy day and I just couldn't pass that opportunity up--that's the perfect "holiday decorating" weather, afterall! Maverick and Madison were both SO excited that I was decorating; I finally just gave them their trick-or-treat buckets so that they would leave me be! I was a little leery that Joe might think I was a crazy person for putting my fall decorations up, but I was pleasantly surprised when he said he loved them and that it made him excited for the holidays. I loved that I was able to share my excitement with him!

I didn't put any holiday-specific decorations out yet; those will come at their appropriate times. I was so excited waking up this morning and seeing all of my decorations up! Its really starting to feel like Fall--until you step outside into the 90°+ weather. That's fine though; I'll stay in my air-conditioned house and pretend its cold outside ;)

I have to say that I'm most excited about the decorations outside my front door. I always feel like my porch looks plain and boring, but definitely not this year! The best part about it is that the decorations were CHEAP! I bought 4 bales of hay from hobby lobby for $12 total, stacked them up, put a few of the fake pumpkins I've accrued over the years on there, hung my Autumn wreath on my front door, and viola! A not-boring entry way! After I had already taken the picture I added a cute lantern next to the pumpkin on the right. Once the pumpkin patch opens (in 29 days!!) I'll be adding a bunch of pumpkins around the house and all over the bales of hay.

Looks like its (almost) time to start baking some Fall treats! I'm so excited!



Once the pumpkin patch opens, I'll have "fairytale" pumpkins sitting on the left and right sides of the fireplace, and mini pumpkins lining the mantle.



Of course we have to be displaying Joe's Fantasy Football trophy right when you walk in the front door. 



See, doesn't this look adorable?! I love the look with the hay. It'll look even cuter with more pumpkins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!