Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Beautiful Bridal Shower

Yesterday I had the honor of attending my friend Lauren's bridal shower. We have been friends since elementary school and she has been at every big event in my life: baby showers, bridal showers, my wedding, etc. I was so excited to get to celebrate HER and her upcoming wedding. What makes it even better is that she is marrying my good friend Harrison. They are a terrific couple and I cant wait for their wedding at the end of September.

Yesterday was her bridal shower and I know how exciting those can be--both for the bride and for the guests. Of course the bride is excited to see all of her friends and family and get tons of presents (I've totally been there), and the guests are excited to play some games and eat food (okay.. maybe I'm the only one who is excited to eat--but parties always have great food that you don't eat on a daily basis!). The shower itself was beautiful; it was sort of a shabby-chic theme and the color scheme was so cute. The food spread was delicious too, as pictured below. The games were a blast (I even won one!), it was so much fun catching up with friends, and overall it was a great time. Here are some pictures from the fun day :)


The food was so good! There were those tortilla roll-up sandwiches (those are my FAVORITE), fruit cups, individual vegetable cups with dip, finger sandwiches, assortment of cakes, and plenty of other food. I was very satisfied at the end of the day ;)

Here's one of the games we played--that I've actually never played before! You group up into groups of 4 and everyone goes through their purse and you try to find stuff on this list. When you're done, you tally up your points and the group with the most points wins! So much fun :))

Then we played the typical toilet-paper bride game, which is always fun. Our beautiful friend Julie was our model and I think she looked stunning ;)

All of the "brides"

New panties for the bride! :)

Ms. Lauren with her bow bouquet to use at the rehearsal dinner!

If you're ever looking for a bridal shower gift, this is a go-to gift for me. Buy the bride a cute pair of panties and get their new last name embroidered on them. Brides love seeing their new last name on anything, and grooms love seeing their last name on their new bride. Its a win/win situation. 

I also made Lauren these wine bottle vases with her new last name on them. (I asked her ahead of time what accent color would go in her living room, and she said the teal/blue). 
Julie, me, Lauren W. and Lauren M. Even though "Lauren W. "will soon be "Lauren B.," she'll always be "Lauren W." to us :)
Lauren M. insisted on doing the typical "selfie" photo, so here it is <3

Yesterday was so much fun and Lauren got so many amazing gifts! Can I throw myself another bridal shower even though I'm already married? I'd love to get half of the stuff she got! ;)

7 comments:

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!