Monday, August 26, 2013

Fall is a comin'!

Today we are on flash flood watch. Anyone who doesnt live in Southern California might take that warning seriously, but we all know that 'flash flood warning' here means slight chance of rain and possible lightning. We rarely have storms--and while some may say "that sounds amazing," I beg to differ. I wish we got just a little bit more rain each year. There's something just so comforting about being home on a rainy day, curled up in a blanket, watching (Christmas) movies. However, today we are on this flash flood warning. Even though I know we wont get much rain, I'm still excited--and I love it that Maverick is just like me and gets excited too. Knowing that "today is a rainy day," he came into my room clothed in jeans and a jacket this morning--even though its still supposed to be 90° out today. 

It started raining around 6:30 this morning, so the kids and I went out in the backyard and ran around in it. They had a BLAST. They just ran circles in the grass, excited to feel the rain gently dropping on their heads. This was the first time we've done this; I don't know why I get uptight about certain things, but I'm working on it. This morning was so much fun. When the rain stopped and we went inside, I knew today was a special day.. and special days call for special breakfasts: mickey mouse pancakes! They were so excited to eat pancakes! It had been a while since I made them :)

I'm going back and fourth in my head on whether or not I should pull out my fall decorations today. I planned on decorating September 1st.. but I mean, thats only 6 days away. One of my close friends texted me yesterday saying she was decorating her house, so at least I outlasted her? Haha. I say that I'm debating decorating today, but I think my mind is already set that I'm gonna do it. Okay, yeah.. I'm going to. Like, now. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.. I'm actually pretty excited about those bales of hay I bought last week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!