Friday, August 30, 2013

Dirty Windows?!

There are so many things that no one tells you about before you have kids. Sure, we know the obvious: you'll have tons of sleepless nights, change lots of diapers,  have endless laundry to do, have doctor appointments and play dates to chauffeur, and have mess after mess to clean up. But there's more--things people dont tell you about. 

Like your walls. No one ever told me that I would have FILTHY walls because I had kids. It's out of control. What makes it worse is that the previous owners of this house must have had some weird obsession with flat paint; this entire house was painted using flat paint: and we all know you can't scrub flat paint. We've slowly been painting everything using at least an eggshell finish, but this is a big house and it takes time. I never thought that having kids would turn me into Danny Tanner--but it sure as heck has. I didn't even know scrubbing walls was a thing--and I'm not talking about if the kids color on the walls (which my kids have never done.. knock on wood). I'm talking about their dirty, grimy hands getting all over the wall, and just seeing a general discoloration on the wall itself. I hate having to scrub my walls; I feel like a freak when I do it--but it has to be done.

Another thing? Apparently when you have kids, you're never allowed to have clean windows--ever. This rule is not limited to just the house; this goes for your car well. I can't even count how often I clean the windows on my sliding glass door out to my backyard--within 30 minutes, without fail, there are dirty, grimy fingerprints all over my freshly cleaned windows again. This happened in my car too. I bought a brand new car, and the same day I bought it, there were fingerprints all over the perfect brand new windows. 

What gives? At what age do they stop having an obsession with touching windows? I'm getting pretty tired of having to clean them--but it's gotta be done. Does everyone else's kids have obsessions with touching windows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!