Friday, August 2, 2013

Scalloped Potatoes

Today I'm going to share a recipe that I got from Joe's Aunt Karen (per usual--I love her recipes!).  She made this last weekend when we were at her house, and let me tell you: these are AMAZING. Enough of the intro; I'm going to just jump right into it!

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp. of butter
1 Tbsp. of minced onion
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. of black pepper
5 lbs. of Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8" slices
2 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of heavy cream (NOT half & half)
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Cook the butter and the onions in a large pot until soft. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook about a minute.

2. Add potatoes, broth and cream. Cover pot and simmer until tender--about 20 minutes. Transfer to 9x13 baking pan, sprinkle with cheese, and bake at 425* F for 15 minutes.

If you are making this dish with the intention of refrigerating it and baking it later, then you'll bake it at 350* F and bake for 1 hour; sprinkle with cheese 15 minutes before its finished baking.

Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!