Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hoarders

You know what a huge pet peeve of mine is? The phrase "Don't mind my messy house--I put my kids first." Seriously? Does that mean that I don't put my kids first because I have a clean house? No--it just means that I'm a clean person. Where do you draw the line? Why stop there?! "Don't mind my unwashed hair and my ragged clothes--I put my kids first." "Don't mind my un-fed pets and the mountain of dishes taking over my kitchen--I put my kids first." I honestly think that "I put my kids first" is an excuse for laziness. I'm not saying that you shouldn't put your kids first--because you absolutely should.. but it doesnt mean that you can just slack in all other categories of your life just because you have kids. If Joe came home from work to a kitchen full of dirty dishes, mountains of laundry, and a tornado of mess throughout the house--and I said "sorry, I put the kids first" --he would probably be pretty upset with me.

Its all about finding a balance. Just because you have kids doesnt mean that that's the ONLY thing you can focus on. I'm not saying its not okay to have a messy house sometimes--it happens. But if someone comes over and your house is a disaster and you feel the need to justify it by saying that you "put your kids first," then you should probably take a step back and reevaluate how you prioritize your time. 

Lets quit justifying everything by using our kids as an excuse. Everyone has something going on--and we all make-do with what we've got.


These people must REALLY put their kids first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!