Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tuna, Avocado and Cucumber Sandwiches

I love sandwiches--but I think I have a bread addiction. No joke--I had a conversation with a friend earlier about how I cant turn down bread--I crave it. Hi, my name is Kristen, and I'm addicted to carbs. I saw this idea of cucumber sandwiches on Pinterest and though it seemed like a perfect summer meal. These tuna, avocado and cucumber sandwiches are packed with healthy stuff and they taste great--and the best part of it all? They're only 24 calories a piece--which means you can eat till your heart desires. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:
2 cans of tuna, drained

2 avocados
4 hard boiled eggs
4 cucumbers








Directions:
Put your tuna, avocado and hard boiled eggs in a bowl. Mash them up until they are all blended. Set aside.

Peel and chop your cucumbers (I recommend slicing thin cucumber slices--yet thick enough to support the "sandwich"). Using a melon baller, scoop the tuna onto the cucumber and sandwich between another cucumber.

There--done. How easy is this?! Doesn't take long at all, is very refreshing, and has low calories. Sounds like a win/win to me! The kids are calling these sushi (and I guess, in a way, it is sushi--just not all rolled up). These 'sandwiches' are perfect kid size ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!