Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Chocolate Chips

Today really has me in a 'Fall' mood--mostly because its raining out and I'm able to have my back door open without having to turn my AC on. Its nice and dark outside and my candles are lit (don't worry--I don't think I'm going to pull out the Christmas movies--today at least). This weather always makes me feel warm and cozy inside.. and you know what complements that feeling perfectly? Pumpkin-anything. Pumpkin loaves, cookies, pies--something about pumpkin recipes just makes me SO excited. During the fall, my sister and I do a LOT of baking--and this is a recipe we made often last year. Its a pumpkin spice cookie with chocolate chips--it has a great fluffy texture and the perfect amount of pumpkin in it. I can't wait for Fall to get here so that I can start all of my holiday baking again (I might just end up starting early!). Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup of white sugar

1 cup of light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
2 cups (12 ounce bag) of milk chocolate chips (NOT semi-sweet)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350* degrees. Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugar, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the vanilla and the pumpkin puree. 

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and cloves. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the batter using 1/3 at a time. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Scoop the cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are browned. Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to let them cool completely. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!