Sunday, July 21, 2013

Today I don't feel like doin' anything...

If you are an avid reader of my blog, you probably noticed that I didn't post one yesterday. These past couple of week have just been crazy--I've been so busy and I have absolutely no idea what I've been busy with! Obviously this past week Joe was on a work trip in Dallas, which left me alone with the kids all week. Although I was on my own, I was still able to paint my bedroom, paint Joe's closet, keep the house clean, and most importantly: keep the kids alive. Yesterday morning I was so happy to have Joe home: he woke up early when the kids woke up, took them downstairs, and let me sleep in till 10. I can't remember the last time I did that! At that time, Joe and the kids came upstairs and we all hung out in bed until 11. It was a perfect Saturday morning--just what we needed after missing him all week.

After we all slowly got the day going, we ate some lunch then hung out by the pool for a few hours. We ate fruit picked off of our trees, splashed around, and laid out in the sun (well, more like clouds--it was a weird cloudy day here yesterday). Most of all, we got some great quality time as a family in. Its insane how much we missed Joe--after nearly 5 years of marriage, I still was like a kid on Christmas when I got to pick him up from the airport!

So, I'm sorry for not posting yesterday, but I'm not sorry. I was spending the day with Joe and the kids and having a relaxing day--something that seems to be rare these days. I feel like I'm constantly on the go, so it was nice taking a break from it all :).

Today, we are driving down to San Diego to have lunch in Balboa Park with some of Joe's cousins who are visiting from out of town. Ironically, they live in Dallas (where Joe was) but were out here for work the same time Joe was out of town. Joe was able to visit his aunt and uncle and some of his other cousins while he was there--and I was so jealous! I wish I could have gone! I'm excited to have lunch with them today though :).

If you're like me and you're constantly on the go doing stuff, be sure to take some time to yourself to relax. You can't just go go go and not expect to get run down. Take a day and just lay around doing nothing--I'm constantly telling myself that I'm not a robot, and I need to take a break. Yesterday was that day for me, and I feel so refreshed! Now go take a nap ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!