Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lil' Smokies Wrapped in Bacon

As you may have read yesterday, we were all at Joe's aunt and uncle's house celebrating his mom's upcoming birthday. I always love going to there house for a few reasons: we always have a great time, they have a beautiful house, and the food is always AMAZING. They go all-out. Yesterday his aunt made these bacon wrapped lil' smokies, and I swear I ate the whole pan of them (which would explain my 2-pound weight gain this morning.. yikes. Oh well, it was worth it). This is the ultimate party food-of-all-party foods. I'm having a party in a few weeks for my birthday, and I will absolutely be making multiple pans of these. Brace yourselves--your mouth is about to water. Best part of it all? Its 3 ingredients and SO easy. 



Ingredients:
1 Package (16 ounces) of Hillshire Farm Lil' Smokies
1 Package (12 ounces) of sliced bacon
1 Cup of brown sugar (packed)

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 400*F. 


Cut each bacon slices into 4 pieces. Wrap each Lil' Smokies link with a piece of bacon; secure with a toothpick. Place in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sugar is melted. Cool slightly before serving.

*Tip. If you're looking for a lower fat version, use Hillshire Farm Turkey Lil' Smokies and turkey bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!