Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich

I know how hectic mornings as a stay-at-home mom are, and I also know how crazy they are when you have to be at work early. Often times, a lot of people skip breakfast because they just don't think about it (I used to never eat breakfast until I became pregnant with Maverick--then I forced myself to eat because my body needed the nutrients). With all of us having busy mornings, sometimes its nice to have a pre-made breakfast ready to go--and this is the perfect one. I made this for breakfast this morning and it was SO good--tasted just like a McDonald's breakfast sandwich, but without all of the gross hidden ingredients (and only 225 calories!). The best part about these is that you can make a bunch of them at once, then store them individually in the freezer and pull them out as needed. From start to finish, these took about 20 minutes to make (and that's including preheating the oven). Let's get started:

First, preheat your oven to 350* degrees. 

Grab your muffin pan and either spray with cooking  spray or smear some butter around using a paper towel... then crack your eggs into the pan.  Place into preheated oven for 15 minutes.

While your eggs are cooking, toast your English muffins. Because I only made 3 of these today, I just used my toaster. If you plan on making a large amount so that you can freeze and eat later, I'd recommend using a griddle and laying all of the muffins on that so that they can all cook at once.

Once toasted, butter each muffin (if desired). I lightly buttered mine and they tasted amazing. 

Once the eggs are done cooking, this is what they'll look like :). Just grab a fork, scrape around the outside of the egg to loosen it up, then scoop it out! Very easy :)

Place on English muffin, add a slice of cheese, and viola! A tasty EASY breakfast for days on the go. 

Joe has to go on a business trip pretty soon, and his flight takes off around 9:00am, which means that we'll have to drop him off around 7:00am, which means packing up the kids and leaving the house at 6:00am. I will most definitely be heating some of these up and giving them to the kids in the car. If you love McDonald's breakfast sandwiches (I do--not ashamed to admit it), then you'll love these. I want to go to the store and buy some turkey sausages to put in these--I'm sure it would taste AMAZING! If you plan on making a bunch at one time, let them cool completely before freezing. If you stick them right into the freezer, they'll get a lot of moisture which'll cause the muffins to get soggy--and nobody likes soggy muffins :). To reheat, you have 2 options: microwave it for those busy mornings, or reheat in the oven at 350* for about 25 minutes (put it in the oven frozen).Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!