Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer Nights


Yesterday was such an amazing day! It started off with Joe letting me sleep in until 10:30--I didn't even know I was capable of that anymore! I got up, took a quick shower, then we headed outside to spend the day out by the pool. We love this little pool; it gave us the best summer ever last year, and its shaping up to do the same this year. Best part? It was only $20 at Target. We spent the day out by the pool, and when nap time rolled around and the kids fell asleep, Joe and I booked our anniversary trip for our upcoming 5-year wedding anniversary! 

Once the kids woke up, we ate a quick dinner then headed back outside (but for a bonfire this time). The kids always get excited when we do a bonfire--because they know that that means they get s'mores. Even though I'm a clean freak and hate when my kids are dirty, I absolutely love watching them get all messy while eating s'mores. I feel like its a right of passage for kids. All it takes is a few wipes to clean them up, so I usually don't stress about it. 

I love days like yesterday. No makeup on, hanging out at the house all day just spending time as a family--this is what I live for. I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I love spending these summer days with Joe and the kids, and although I'm so excited for Fall and all of the fun that comes with it, I'm trying so hard to just cherish these fun times. Fall will be here before I know it, so I'm loving summer while its still here. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our awesome day yesterday: 



Having fun in the pool! I love it when I get a real smile out of him!

Being silly <3

lol.

Sword fights with the bubble wands. 

Someone is excited for s'mores!

Such a big boy now!

<3

So freakin cute.

Her eyes kill me. <3

Ending the night with cuddles and kisses from daddy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!