Friday, July 12, 2013

New Baking Stuff!

There are few things in this world that get me more excited than getting new baking stuff! Yesterday I made a trip to Costco for no reason in particular (I know--I'm the crazy person who went to Costco with no intention of buying food). Browsing the aisles, I came across two kitchen items that I could definitely use: a set of 4 mixing bowls with lids, and a 36-cupcake tote. With as much baking as I do, its kinda ridiculous that I didn't own any mixing bowls! The only mixing bowl I owned went to the stand up mixer that I had that broke (but I kept the bowl because, well, I had nothing else). The cupcake tote, though, I'm really excited about. I cant count how many times I've transported cupcakes and stressed out about them smashing together or falling over--and now I don't have to worry about that anymore! Between these two things, I spent $39 (the cupcake tote is on sale now for around $14 I think, if you're interested). Lets take a look: 

Here's the 4-piece bowl set.. they're made out of melamine and seem very durable.

Each one comes with a lid, and all of them have a rubber bottom so that the bowl doesn't slide around while you're mixing. 
...and the best part? They all stack together for easy storage! I LOVE that!
The other item I bought, the cupcake tote, is SO cool. It has so many different things you can do with it! First and foremost, it is 3 tiers which snap together--so if you're only carrying 12 or 24 cupcakes, you can take the tiers off to accommodate your needs. Its all "snap and stack" so its very easy to take apart and put back together.


Here it is, all stacked together. You can see the 3 tiers, and inside the 3 tiers are the removable cupcake holders. Kinda weird, but this also comes with two 12-egg holder trays--for when you want to transport your eggs and cupcakes? I have no idea, but I'll take it!


Here's what one of the cupcake trays looks like. It has two handles for easy removal out of the tote. 

Not transporting cupcakes, but need to pack lots and lots of cookies? Simply turn that cupcake tray over and it creates two-tiers within the one tier. SO cool. 

If you can tell, I turned over the cupcake tray on the top tier so that you could see the two-tiers. Such a cool feature. There are also finger divots for easy removal if you have the cupcake tray flipped over like this.  
 
Here's the top tier taken off--so easy to snap on and off!

I'm so excited about my new baking purchases--I want to bake some cupcakes using my new bowls, then drive around and hand cupcakes out (just because I can now!). Haha! Joe is out of town next week--and I'm absolutely going to get a LOT of baking in while he's gone! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy the cupcake tote at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind. I Re-read your blog and found the answer to my question. Have a nice day!

      Delete

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!