Monday, September 2, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies




Yesterday was the first day of September! Even though it's still 3 more weeks until it's officially Fall, holiday season has already started at the Hawes household. Autumn decorations are up, the house smells of pumpkin spice (thanks to my Bath and Body Works wallflowers!), and craft and baking ideas are swirling around my head. Yesterday I was bummed out because I wanted to go to our friends' housewarming party, but the kids were being absolutely awful so we skipped the party and put them down for naps instead. Joe, seeing that I was bummed out, suggested that we bake something. This guy really gets me. Normally he doesn't like when I bake (because it means that we'll have sweets in the house and he'll want to eat them), but he knew that it would cheer me up. Once he suggested it, I pulled up my 'desserts' board on pinterest and found a few ideas. We ended up making not one, but TWO different sweets.. and the first one, being that it was September 1st, was pumpkin chocolate chip brownies.

These are very light and only have 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil in them, so they're not SO bad for you. They're very quick to make and VERY delicious! Enjoy!


Mix your pumpkin, oil, eggs, and egg whites.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients then pour into greased pan and bake


Ingredients:
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1  whole egg
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 cup Brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 11" x 7" inch pan with parchment paper.

In large bowl, combine pumpkin puree,  eggs and oil until smooth. Set aside.

In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices and brown sugar. Add wet ingredients and mix until tboroughly incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!