Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Festive Bunting Banner

Yesterday I was in a very crafty mood, so I drove to Hobby Lobby and bought a few different crafts to do. This one was a bunting banner; it was supposed to hang across my fireplace mantle but it turned out WAY too big--so it's now hanging on the wall in my front living room (I'm going to make a smaller version for the mantle). This was very easy to make, and I think it makes a huge statement.

All you need is some burlap, some fabric of your choice, a hot glue gun, and some paint. First, figure out what size you want your triangles to be. Cut one, then use it as a guide to cut  the rest of them so they're the same size. Lay out your fabric then hot glue gun the burlap triangles onto it. Cut the fabric bigger than the burlap so that you can see it. Lay all of your triangles out and hot glue gun string across the tops of it so that it makes the banner.

Once the glue has dried, flip your banner around and paint whatever saying you want onto it. Once the paint has dried, then you're all done! Go hang that banner up!

(I understand that all of this couldve been done with a sewing machine instead of a hot glue gun; my sewing machine isnt working correctly and I didn't want to wait till it was fixed). ;)

Have fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!