Monday, October 7, 2013

October Already?!

I seriously can't believe it's already October. Where has this year gone?! I think we all know by now that I am obsessed with the holidays, but this year It seems to be creeping up on me and I don't feel ready for it! Call me crazy, but I'm actually a little stressed out that I haven't started Christmas shopping yet (I know its only October--but I shop early so that I can have TONS of presents under my tree when I set it up). I'm going to design my Christmas cards this week and START addressing envelopes so that when the time comes, I can just pop them in the mail!

I'm doing all of this now because I've been SO busy lately, who knows how crazy busy I'll be during the holidays! As you all know from my blog a few weeks ago, I went out on a limb and started my own cake business. I went into it with an open mind; if I make some money off of this, great, but if not, then it's no big deal. I was not prepared for what was to come! I have consistently had cake orders every weekend; I have 2 orders this week alone! I'm having so much fun doing it and feel so blessed by the amount of support I've received thus far, and I can only hope the cake orders continue to roll in!

If we're friends on Facebook, then you probably heard about Madison's health scare. Two weeks ago on Tuesday, she woke up with her voice sounding completely different--almost like a deaf person talking. For someone who usually spoke very clearly, this was a huge red flag. I took her to her pediatrician and she said her soft palate wasn't closing properly and we needed to figure out why. We went the TWO ENTs: the first one we didn't agree with whatsoever so we went and saw the Head of the Department of Airways at Children's Hospital. Shw said that she had seen many cases like this where it turned out to be viral and solve itself, but she wanted to do an MRI just to cover all of our bases. Thankfully, I'm so relieved to say that Madison's voice has progressively gotten better and I don't think we'll be needing to get the MRI done. Thank you all for your prayers--they worked!

So now, here I am--crazy busy and not bloggibg as much. With cake orders coming in left and right, keeping up with having a ckean house, abd trying to be the best mom and wife I can be, there's just no way I can keep up with the daily blogs like I was doing. I'm now going start posting new blogs every Monday to fill up in on what's going on at the Hawes household. We're in for a BUSY rest of the month here:
-two cake orders this week
-attending a wedding on Saturday
-working on Sunday
-couple pumpkin patch trips the following week
-attend an engagement party the following Saturday
-a wedding cake order with 150 cupcakes and a small fondant cake
-attend another wedding
...and then it'll be November! When am I supposed to Christmas shop?! I'm sure I'll figure it out ;)

So I'll end this with a huge thank you! Thank you for praying for Madison when she needed it. Thank you for supporting me in my new cake adventure. And thank you for being terrific friends. I knoe I've been really busy an not able to hang out a lot, so thank you for understanding.

If you haven't already, "like" my facebook page at www.facebook.com/frostingfanatics and spread the word! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!