Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Salad

I guess I've been on a "side dish craze" these past few days because that seems to be the only new recipes I've been trying! I'm always looking for something light and refreshing--and this cucumber dill Greek yogurt salad is just that. Doesn't take too long to make and is perfect to accompany your grilled chicken or burgers (or, in my case, turkey burgers)--a perfectly healthy meal. 

Peel, slice, and seed your cucumbers

Add your yogurt mixture

Mix it all up..

...and viola! Your cucumber dill Greek yogurt salad is ready to eat!
Ingredients:
4 large cucumbers (about 2 pounds)

4 Tbsp of plain Greek yogurt 
1 Tbsp of dill
1 Tbsp of rice vinegar (substitute red or white wine vinegar if needed; I used white wine)
1/2 tsp. of sugar

1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. of black pepper
1/4 tsp. of garlic powder

Instructions:
1. Peel, slice, half, and seed the cucumbers. For this step I used my melon baller to get the seeds out--made it very easy and made the cucumber have perfect 'arches.' 


2. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, dill, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

3. Add cucumber to bowl and toss with yogurt/dill mixture until combined well.

4. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.

5. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and like such an easy recipe! Thanks for sharing Kristen. I'm also lovin' all these updates on your family, I can't believe we're at that age now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jess! Its great hearing from you! I hope you're doing well! :))

      Delete

Send me a message.. I'd love to hear from you!